BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

problem with detail bugs - ArchiCAD 17

maxjerz
Newcomer
I'm having an issue with one particular file. Whenever I open the file by double-clicking from Windows explorer or by opening through the dialog box that comes up when first opening ArchiCAD, all the detail bugs lose their reference information. They show as #DrgID/#LayID, but when I select them, they do have the reference information show up in the Info Box. See the screenshot.

However, if I open the file by going through File > Open, the detail bugs show up correctly with their reference information.

I'm running ArchiCAD 17 with the latest hotfix on Windows 7 Professional. This problem is not limited to my computer (tried it on other computers in the office with the same result).

ETA: I have the same problem with the .bpn for this file.

Anyone else run into this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Yes. I've run into this and have no solution other than to reopen the file. Incredibly annoying.... Maybe it has to do with a project that was started in an earlier version? Don't know; just speculating.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maxjerz,

What I am seeing on your screenshot is that the Info Box says that this is a Linked Marker, it is set to reference the selected drawing, but No Drawing has been placed yet. Try to place a Drawing on a Layout and then see if this Drawing Marker displays the correct info.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo,
The program sometimes doesn't "see" the already placed (linked) drawing and gives that error message. That IS the bug. It takes reloading the program to get the drawings to be recognized again.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
maxjerz
Newcomer
Yes, what Richard describes is the same problem I'm having.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, in that case I will report this as a bug to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!