Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

profile display in plan

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is there any way to display a custom wall profile in plan view with the line type/color settings that are determined by the fill elements that create the profile. It seems like the only way to control plan view is through overhead/projected with overhead/cut, etc. setting in the plan view dialogue box. Am I missing a control someplace in the dialogue box that will allow the profile's fill setting to show in plan.
Thanks
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Complex profile walls don't have a "symbolic" floor plan display.
I guess that is because there could be any number of fills stacked vertically and we would then need to nominate a default cutting plane height in the profile settings.

So the best we can do is to use the "projected", "projected with overhead' or "cut only' floor plan displays and then adjust the Floor Plan Cut Plane" height to suit - and hope this doesn't affect the view of other elements in your plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I thought I had already made a wish for 'Symbolic' floor plan display of complex profile walls, but it seems it was over in the developers forum.
So I have now made the wish here as well.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70102

Please go and vote.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11