cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Document & Visualize forum

publish to DWG with no fills?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have two publish sets.
One for PDF publishing and another one to DWG.
For the PDF set I want to generate drawings with all fills (walls, slabs, etc.) For the DWG I want to publish the same PDF drawings but without the fills, so that I don't have hatches in autocad.

Is it easily doable?

Another workaraound that I may be happy with is to generate DWG in a way that I have no block references. Just ACAD entities.

The issues was raised when I generated DWG to deliver to the other contractors, who don't want fills in the walls, slabs, stc...

Many thanks for all inputs
8 REPLIES 8

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should save separate Views for PDF and for DWG.
The main difference will be Model View Options settings. For DWGs, you can check the Show Cut/Cover/Drafting Fill Contours Only checkboxes in that Dialog. You can also use the Fill Background field's Transparent option.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

Thomas Holm
Booster
A wish - since you need these views for DWG export only, they should be translator settings - strip fills (drawing/cover/cut), hairlines only, etc etc.
AC4.1-AC24SWE-25INT; OSX11.5; MP5,1+MBP16,1

Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlo: many thanks for the tip. the down side to it is that I would need to update both pdf and dwg views in case something changes (e.g., layer add)
thomas: that was where I first look - in the translator settings - and found nothing. a wish indeed it is!

Erika Epstein
Booster
Thomas wrote:
A wish - since you need these views for DWG export only, they should be translator settings - strip fills (drawing/cover/cut), hairlines only, etc etc.
Thomas,
Can you make this a wish?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jagostinho wrote:
laszlo: many thanks for the tip. the down side to it is that I would need to update both pdf and dwg views in case something changes (e.g., layer add)
thomas: that was where I first look - in the translator settings - and found nothing. a wish indeed it is!
Well, in case of Layers: if you save a Layer Combination with the View, then later the View refers to the Layer Combination. So in case a Layer is added, you can just modify/edit the Layer Combination and the result will be correct. This is why a View should not contain a custom layer combination in it, instead always a named and saved Layer Combination.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26
Loving Archicad since 1995

Thomas Holm
Booster
Erika wrote:
Thomas wrote:
A wish - since you need these views for DWG export only, they should be translator settings - strip fills (drawing/cover/cut), hairlines only, etc etc.
Thomas,
Can you make this a wish?
Done, along with a couple of others that I've been nagging about.
AC4.1-AC24SWE-25INT; OSX11.5; MP5,1+MBP16,1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
in publish organizer window I have just PDF option to publish. How can i add DWG format also?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry
Problem solved

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!