Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

publish to PDF WITHOUT overwrite previous versions

Claudio Lima
Booster
hi !

is there any way to publish, and at that time, ArchiCAD tell me that that file already exist and if I want to overwrite ??!

when we have multiple versions of the same project, that can generate hundred of PDF per version, the human error can be fatal !!!

tnks in advanced
claudio
since ARCHICAD 3.42 to ARCHICAD 26
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
To avoid this happening we use a dedicated PDF output folder per project and then move the PDFs to the drawing directory after we have appended the revision number to the file name
Scott
Claudio Lima
Booster
ok, but I have 8 files, 130 PDF files as result per file, publishing all at the same time, one little error writing one caracter, or choosing a output folder, can be a nightmare...
since ARCHICAD 3.42 to ARCHICAD 26
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Scott,

If you append those file names you will probably be happy to know that this can now be automated in ArchiCAD 18:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bKxs-PIpH4
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo: This feature will save much time, takes a while to append issue info to more that 200 drawings in my current project.

Claudio: the output folder for the publisher is set up when you first create the publisher set, I would not output directly into the 'final' location for your files to prevent them from being accidentally overwritten

Scott