Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

"LAYOUTMERGE" Command as it is in AutoCAD.

galiaf_velikiy
Booster
I think ArchiCAD needs something like the "LAYOUTMERGE" command as in AutoCAD. Thus we can be able to create PDF files and print them not like a book; page by page but as a single long sheet.
Maybe it can be done by adding "views support" to sheets, too.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
After you create your Publisher Set select "Merge to one DWG file" for Autocad Files or "Create Single File" in Publisher Settings for PDF's.
With single file PDF you only send to print once.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

galiaf_velikiy
Booster
Hi, ejrolon. Thank you for ur reply, but I know this way. I need it in ArchiCAD. I don't need single file, I need a single sheet of paper, cuz I need roll print all project on a single long sheet of paper and I don't want to do it in AutoCAD. Why I need AutoCAD for such a little detail! and the ArchiCAD translators can't translate drawings to DWG for publishing in the same beauty as it is in ArchiCAD file.
Eduardo Rolon
Then the solution is easier.
1. Create a Master Page as long as you want.
2. Place all your Views in it
3. There is no step 3
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

galiaf_velikiy
Booster
really funny! I understood that it seems very unnecessary function, but it is not. I need templates and it is nice to have the ability to change the appearance of multiple pages at once. Also, I need the book structure of the layout book and auto-text functions which connected to each view. Just for printing, I need this document to be on a single sheet. When I send a single PDF with multiple pages in it to printing because of the difference of layouts pages' sizes printed drawings lose the scale constriction. You can see the example of a print preview in the link. There are 2 pages with the same height but different width. As you can see on the print preview the drawings on the right scaled (cuz we know that the heights must be the same) and will not be printed with the correct scale.

A lot of people solve this problem as you mentioned before, but it is not right way cuz we lose some automation as a result. Thanks again, Mr. Ejrolon.