BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"LightWorks in ArchiCAD" Seminars

Dwight
Newcomer
The "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" Seminar Tour is up and running with success in England, Ireland, Los Angeles and New Zealand. It seemed appropriate to provide a few comments on my experiences in case you were interested in having the seminar come to your city. (Bug your reseller!)

This is a full day seminar where your ears will bleed with LightWorks knowledge. Attendees see the entire panorama of LightWorks techniques and Photoshop finishes to make credible LightWorks renderings and fine illustrations.

Attendees were most impressed with the most basic information - how to illuminate a simple outdoor scene and a complex indoor scene (all indoor scenes are complex). The discovery of using the General Light Source as a FREE light was important news to many since it applies to neon and marquee lighting. The universality of the LightCone Down also astonishes many. And so it goes.

I was pleased to have such attentive crowds, altho they were reluctant to participate with the obligatory penal system "Yo, Boss!" prefix to questions and the obligatory "Ooo, Baby!" to impressive imagery. Crowds were less reluctant to shout with amazement and betrayal the exclamation "IT'S A TRICK!!!" (You had to be there.)

LightWorks is easy to use once you have the tricks in my book we examine in detail throughout the day. And it is fun, too, altho I take many exercises way past the point where sane people would stop. Your work will improve even if you apply a fraction of the tricks and adjustments I demonstrate. If you are even passably interested in better illustrations, this is worth ten times your time and money!

Firm dates -- seats still available -- are:

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada -- December 01
Las Vegas -- December 05
Seattle -- December 07
San Francisco -- December 09
Los Angeles -- December 13

Plans are:

Texas Tour, late January 2006
Boston and Eastern USA, early February 2006
Scandinavia, late Spring 2006
Other places if requested. Bug your reseller.

Book Sales:
Many ArchiCAD TALKERS have ordered directly from me as detailed below. Direct orders receive top priority for mailing.

Best wishes to all. Hope to meet you at a seminar, soon.
Dwight Atkinson
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm new to this and to my surprise I see there are plans on a seminar in scandinavia. Will that happen or am I too late already ?

Joakim
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Dwight,

I exchanged emails with Eric Batte recently and he informed me that the purchase of you Lightworks book includes some template files. Is this true? If so, is it more complete or detailed than the recent one put out by Graphisoft? I have been wanting to get your book and I am in need of a good starting point for new projects. If I can do both with you directly, I will send a payment right away.

Thanks,

TIM
TomWaltz
Participant
It's not really a template. It's a PLA file (library) of materials and test scenes used in the book.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!