BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"Not enough memory to create movie" error in AC10

Brad Elliott
Booster
I get this error sometimes when creating a Sun Study. The first time I tried to create a sun study in AC10 I got this error. When I went to recreate it it worked fine. A couple of days later I created a new sun study with no problems but forgot to change the compression to Sorenson3 so they were too big. When I went to recreate them I got the error again. Now I can't create any sun studies, even if I select one wall and do an 120 minute interval. It's like working in OS9 again. My activity monitor shows plenty of memory available. I am including an image from it. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Brad Elliott
Booster
No one else is having this problem? I rebooted my machine created a new file of just four walls and get the exact same error. This is causing me a lot of trouble and I have a client who is waiting for the other half of his sun studies.
M1 Macbook Pro
Brad Elliott
Booster
And now to finish talking to myself in public. If you quit the program and restart it and create your first Sun Study with Animation compression you can create the next sun study with any compression you want and as long as you make no changes besides the date of the sun study it will work fine. As soon as you change the compression method again or make other changes you will get the error. You will continue to get this error until you quit ArchiCAD and restart with an animation compression. I am sending this in ti Graphisoft as a bug report.
M1 Macbook Pro
Thomas Holm
Booster
Brad,

sorry for not answering before, but of course there is no point in replying if you don't have anything to add to the subject. However, today I had a crash in AC10 in a similar situation - creating a Quicktime VR object - your suggestion that changing compression was the culprit seems to fit. AC's internal bug reporter kicked in, so I've submitted too.

BTW I found exporting a .3DS to Sketchup was a much better solution to my current need - a 3D structure viewable by the client. (Google Sketchup is a free cross-platform viewer - but you must have SketchupPro to convert the file from 3DS). Just remember to compress/archive the Sketchup file before mailing it. The .skp format is very inefficient. Shrinks 6X with zipping.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!