BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"Skewered" Dosch Objects in ArtLantis2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working with ArchiCAD 12 & Artlantis 2
(on a Mac Quadcore G-5) for about a year.

Recently, my Dosch buildings and car 3D objects distorted... actually
"skewered" when I tried rotating them in ArtLantis 2, and I have no idea as to why. This has NEVER happened before until yesterday, and if anyone
can offer some explanations/resolutions for this I will greatly
appreciate it.

thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I have seen objects distort in Artlantis if they in a nested group and the group is rotated. Not always - seems to be a particular way of grouping. That is a known bug. I have not seen any problems with movement or rotation of individual objects.

Since the objects and the rotation are completely within Artlantis and not within ArchiCAD, you might have better luck posting your question to Abvent's Artlantis forums. You may also want to send your Artlantis archive to Abvent for them to analyze.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I have seen objects distort in Artlantis if they in a nested group and the group is rotated. Not always - seems to be a particular way of grouping. That is a known bug. I have not seen any problems with movement or rotation of individual objects.

Since the objects and the rotation are completely within Artlantis and not within ArchiCAD, you might have better luck posting your question to Abvent's Artlantis forums. You may also want to send your Artlantis archive to Abvent for them to analyze.

Cheers,
Karl
Thanks once again, Karl. I did contact Abvent & they suggested a hotfix I wasn't aware of, and it cleared up some of the 3d object "skewering", but not all of it. After installing the hotfix, I made a brand new atl file with the 3d objects that were causing the problems and they rotated fine (whew!), so what you are saying here makes a world of sense to me...(and yes, this was a huge cityscape file with of lots of 3D people & cars involved).

best wishes,
Todd
Karl Ottenstein
Glad it was (relatively) easily resolved! 🙂

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!