Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"Yellowy" rendering tone? what do I need to adjust?

rob2218
Enthusiast
if you notice on the bottom rendering, the combed stucco is more "grey" where the top rendering for some reason, the tone of the combed stucco is more "yellowy".
I while back someone helped me out and said it was something to the do with the "sun" setting in the Cinemax rendering parameters.
What is it that I have to adjust so that yellow sunnish color doesn't over power the rendering?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,
In Cinerender the colour of the sun changes throughout the day as does the sun in reality. You can overcome this by not using the physical sky & sun, or by adjusting the hue & gamma in post processing.
I do not know of any 3D visual artists that would use an image direct from a rendering package without touching up in a photo editing program. I am currently trying to explain this to a junior in the office who is chasing photo real straight from 3ds Max but render times have become ridiculous (4hrs to render a 1920x1080 image that I can get 85% 'there' in 15min in ARCHICAD)
Scott
rob2218
Enthusiast
So...what button do I have to adjust in order to NOT use the physical sky?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Rob,

Take a look at the youtube tutorials, something like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IPjh5DdJ6w&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWVsI6mb8Txb6MYZ4wdGdvaA&index=26

Though I agree with Scott, don't spend ages perfecting the render, when you can probably do a quick levels / hue / etc adjustment in photoshop.

I generally desaturate any render by 20% as they're too vibrant to be believable.

I don't know if you are trying to get hyper realistic photo reality, but to not spend ages on renders we generally overlay a sketch render and go for a more Hergé Tin Tin look if you know what I mean by that. True photo realism just requires too much time, in my humble opinion. I could justify the billable hours for that for a billboard rendering maybe, but run of the mill presentation stuff just needs to be done fast.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks,
I took a look at the video, followed the instructions and I'm still getting this "yellowish" tint on the combed stucco. it's suppose to be "grey" not yellow.

Again, a while back a GS guru said to adjust something with the "sky" settings but I can recall what it was.

it was merely one button adjustment, turn it off I think but I've tried all sorts of manners of button playing and well, just can't seem to get that darn 'yellow' look off the rendering.

Really really annoying.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Rob, two things come to my mind, I don't know if you try it already.
One is the color warm in the sun and sky parameter, the ones shown in the pics.

The second one will be adjusting settings in the effects, color correction and color mapping tabs.
warm.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the other Pic
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Rivas.....I adjusted the "warmth color" of the sun and that helped.
Holy Cow...such complications just to get a "color" of material to look semi-right.

I got this client who's a stickler for 'color' and how it looks.
I tried explaining it to him that as soon as you get into "material" and "color" of the design, all bets are off. What he is always looking for is "the correct color and material"..wahtever that means representation.
and to top it off...I'm freakin' color-blind so getting to the "right" color is like going to dentist for me...virtually impossible at times...
it seems that clients just can't get past the "just look at the concept/design of the study" we are talking bout here....sheesh...

thanks a heep, that helped.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great!

I understand u, I have also deal with that type of clients
rob2218
Enthusiast
it really is ridiculous at times how these clients get hung-up on what they are looking at.....and can't get past colors and materials.....JUST LOOK AT THE CONCEPT!...damn it and the colors and materials will be refined once the 'idea' gets approved.......SHEESH!!!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23