BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

"open in 3D" not working from 2d layout views

Anonymous
Not applicable
We use Bimx models extensively on Ipads and recently have had several projects in which we can view the model and view the 2d layouts, but if we tap the little house icon when viewing a layout, nothing happens.

Similarly, if I tap (for example) an elevation marker on a floor plan and then select "show in 3d", nothing happens. if I select Open, it opens the layout fine.

However, if I am viewing the 3d model and I select a marker, followed by 'open in 3d" the layout appears in the 3d view, though I need to manually choose "cut here' to see a section properly.

This only happens in some projects, others are fine and I can't figure out why.

Any thought?

thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Richard Molnar
Contributor
I would be greatly interested in a solution as we are experiencing the same.

During the saving method of hyper-model a big red X appears next to Saving BIMx info. After double clicking it says saving was failed due to unknown issue, but it saves the hyper model anyway (everything else has green showing success). When opened on tablet the model is visible without any errors, however, when taping on either the ground or the first floor plan drawings in 3D it simply just opens them without the visual change and when we tap on the 3D view at those drawings it jumps to the default view of the model. It is weird since there is no problem with neither the foundation level plan nor the second floor plan. And for some reason the connection with the sections also wrong as some of the sections are shown at the same location with other sections.

If anybody knows a fix or the cause of this problem it would be a great help to us as well.

Kind regards,
Richard Molnar
AC 6.5-9.0 & 19-27 (latest build)
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz Quad Core, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
I might have found a solution to not opening in 3d issues but haven;t been able to experiment enough to confirm That said, in teh bimx publisher set I had the 2d layouts in a folder and the 3d view outside that folder. When I placed the 3d view in the folder with the layouts and republished the model, the 'open in 3d' function worked again.

If you want to try that, I'd love to know the results - I"m not sure if it's the solution for just a coincidence.

I've also have the red x on saving bimx models and found that it went away if I changed the info set in publishing properties to 'None'. I haven't used info sets so that's no problem, but like the 3d issue, I have not been able to explore the issue further
Richard wrote:
I would be greatly interested in a solution as we are experiencing the same.

During the saving method of hyper-model a big red X appears next to Saving BIMx info. After double clicking it says saving was failed due to unknown issue, but it saves the hyper model anyway (everything else has green showing success). When opened on tablet the model is visible without any errors, however, when taping on either the ground or the first floor plan drawings in 3D it simply just opens them without the visual change and when we tap on the 3D view at those drawings it jumps to the default view of the model. It is weird since there is no problem with neither the foundation level plan nor the second floor plan. And for some reason the connection with the sections also wrong as some of the sections are shown at the same location with other sections.

If anybody knows a fix or the cause of this problem it would be a great help to us as well.

Kind regards,
Richard Molnar
Contributor
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the hint. It solved the problem. I placed the 3D model view to the publisher set's root instead of the folder inside the publisher set, so it was separated from the drawings and it solved the internal link problems.

Thanks again,
Richard Molnar
AC 6.5-9.0 & 19-27 (latest build)
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz Quad Core, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K1200