BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

realistic sun in AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Realistic sun in AC10 works very similar with heaven light.
Is it right?
29 REPLIES 29
Dwight
Newcomer
The realistic sun is the easiest way to get soft light in ArchiCAD 10.

The supplement to my book covers this exciting development in detail.

BTW: There's no sun in heaven. In heaven, it is all diffused cloud light to not cause glare on your harp.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like almost Radiosity...
We should devolope our skill with LW, because the policy with Artl. I am not satisfied (no Artl.datei for AC10!!)

@Dwight:
Please explain sometimes also hier except your book
Dwight
Newcomer
Archi wrote:
It looks like almost Radiosity...
We should devolope our skill with LW, because the policy with Artl. I am not satisfied (no Artl.datei for AC10!!)

@Dwight:
Please explain sometimes also hier except your book
Sure it IS better, but saying that the new sun effect is "almost" radiosity is like saying, after a guy tries to leap a moat filled with leaping, snapping alligators, that he "almost" made it.
You obviously aren't studying radiosity renderings to understand the subtle reflected light energy in a radiosity rendering that translates reflected color and luminosity from one surface to another and general incidental light energy with controlled decay that makes a radiosity rendering worth the wait.

As for my book: if you want to get the ArchiCAD 10 supplement, it is only going to be available to registered owners of my book "LightWorks in ArchiCAD." This book can be ordered directly from me as said below.

The supplement will cover the three salient - and undocumented by Graphisoft - changes in ArchiCAD 10:

1: The new built-in sun shader:

This has a great imapct on rendering quality and replaces the Sun Object as a stand-in for Sol. The Sun Object is relegated to the infamous Undersun role.

2: New surface and environment shaders:

There are some important additions, vomit splatter among them.

3: Incidental UI changes and their meaning.

Some dialog boxes look and work a little different[ly].

These changes don't supplant the usefulness of the book, so even if you are only interested in the changes for ArchiCAD 10, it is worth your while to get the whole shebang.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight.

We can do this way with LW and with realistic sun.
We dont need any other rendering programm.
Just we need some more people bitmap from lib.
Plants are now better.
Dwight
Newcomer
And without this seeming like a plug for tree modeler Onyx Tree Pro, with the LightWorks engine using both processors, reasonably complex 3D trees can be rendered in a fair time period.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Archi wrote:
(no Artl.datei for AC10!!)
BTW: Abvent is supplying the export plugin for their current Artlantis. I hope that is good enough - anyone currently using Artlantis 4.5 would be an idiot not to upgrade, so that lack of old version support is irrelevant.

http://www.artlantis.com/download/update/
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is absolutly bad....I am using Artl.4.5.
I must save first as AC 9, than save for Artl.4.5...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you save from AC10 as AC9 and you are using AC10 Library Parts, you will lose them in the resulting AC 9 file, so you will not be able to create the same 3D Model to save as Artlantis from.
You should watch out for this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 10 also check out the realistic sky shader. It can be found in the Library:
Lights, LightWorks Lights, Sky Object, in the settings at Sky Object Type choose Realistc.
Learn and get certified!