BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

relinking broken links to a pln/plp viewset

Anonymous
Not applicable
anybody know if this can be done? I accidentally broke the links to an lbk that I wanted to archive before making the copy to continue building upon.

now all my drawings are embedded pmk's and I can't link them back to my original plp viewset.

if there's a way to do this, it's not making itself obvious... I'll make a trip to the wishlist if nobody has a solution.

thanks
Wes
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only solution I've found is to delete and re-import the views

For archiving I would recommend just writing the file(s) to CD. That way they won't ever change (just remember to set your preferences to include drawings in the layout book - this should be standard practice).
Miquel Garcia
Participant
There is a way, but is not obvious. Publish your viewset from ArchiCAD to a folder as PMKs. In PlotMaker, link manually every drawing with the corresponding PMK using the 'Link To' button on the publisher (I have the spanish version so perhaps my translation is'nt fine). Once this is done, select all your drawings and change the type of link from 'Archive' to 'Project'.
That's all !
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miquel wrote:
There is a way, but is not obvious. Publish your viewset from ArchiCAD to a folder as PMKs. In PlotMaker, link manually every drawing with the corresponding PMK using the 'Link To' button on the publisher (I have the spanish version so perhaps my translation is'nt fine). Once this is done, select all your drawings and change the type of link from 'Archive' to 'Project'.
That's all !
Wow - no kidding! I'd have never found that! I wasn't aware that you could even change the type of link in the Drawing Usage window.

Somewhat tedious process, but it worked like a charm. If one makes the mistake I did, this will recover the links - and keep all your drawings in exactly the same place!

I think this should go into the tips section. I add the following attached image to clarify where one changes the link type.

Thanks
wes
change link type.jpg
Miquel Garcia
Participant
I discovered that when I was exploring the different ways to link drawings between ArchiCAD and PlotMaker. The most interesting thing that I have realized is that there is no real difference between both methods (direct link or PMK). As an evidence of that, you are able to easily switch between both methods in PlotMaker if previously you have published your viewset as PMK.

I guess this means that the PMKs are saved in any case, but for direct linking are invisible ones.
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
Djordje
Ace
"Weston BlaneyWow - no kidding! I'd have never found that! I wasn't aware that you could even change the type of link in the Drawing Usage window.

Somewhat tedious process, but it worked like a charm. If one makes the mistake I did, this will recover the links - and keep all your drawings in exactly the same place!

I think this should go into the tips section.[/quote wrote:

It did.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can re-link them simultaneously by selecting them in similar groups (all files or all projects FROM THE SAME VIEW SET) in the drawing usage navigator. If you have multiple view sets, as I do, you will have to re-link them set by set. If you have file and project links selected at the same time or if you have deleted a view in AC that is still in the PM list you may not be able to link them all to a pln. (or better a pla) while those particular views are selected. When you do them as a group they are automatically connected with the appropriate view eliminating the extra step of selecting the view checkbox in the dialogue box as you do for individual views. Very quick very easy over the one-at-a-time method.

From looking at your screenshot I would select the layout column for organizing the drawings and select all the DD drawings as a group and link to... , then the SD drawings (whatever else is the same) as a separate group. Group by group this will be much quicker than one at a time.

HTH
Learn and get certified!