BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

rendered a video in artlantis and cant see the result!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rendered an animation as an avi file and took me 14 hours.After the completion i ve tried to open the rendered .avi file and i cannot open it.It is 3 gigabites (1000 frames) and it comes out that it has a problem.Cant think of another 14 hour rendering.Media player says cannot render the file and this window pops up with this error message.By the way i have all the codecs as far as i know.Dix Xvid etch.Pleaaaase Help me!
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Did you try to play it with QuickTime?

Did you ask in Artlantis forum?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Probably You use compressor (codec) that there is not available in standard Media player.
Try to open this file in software for preparing movies (WMovie maker, Camtasia studio etc.)
For future - never render movie to one, final file (esp with compressing). It is better to prepare sequence
of bitmaps and design your movie in software that is prepare for such work.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is so weird. I ve chosen no compresion so its shouldnt have one.The only way i ve managed to see it but still not 100% right was with divx player andd i ve tried to open it with ulead video studio but it doesnt recognise it....Gives me a headache.I ve asked in artlantis forum but no answer yet!
stefan
Expert
Looking up the GUID on Google I came up with this discussion:
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/5435p1.html

Might be worth to try.

In the future, do not render such long movies directly to a compressed format.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx a lot for your help stefan!Have a nice day!
Anonymous
Not applicable
kritikos79 wrote:
It is so weird. I ve chosen no compresion
...and your wondering why you can play it?!
Learn and get certified!