BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

rod_shlf.gsm in 25

Jonathan Pelezzare
Contributor

Hope everyone is doing great!

Opened a AC23 project in AC25 and everything is there except the pole and shelf part in all closets.

After an hour of trying everything I can think of... HELP PLEASE

Did they forget to include this part in the ac 25 lib? Can't find it and when I drag and drop

or load into libraries thru lib manager is comes in as an unsupported part.

Thank you, JP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I don't believe that is a standard library part?  Might have been a 3rd party download.  You can certainly model the rod/shelf as a complex profiled beam easily enough if you don't need to show the brackets

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I don't believe that is a standard library part?  Might have been a 3rd party download.  You can certainly model the rod/shelf as a complex profiled beam easily enough if you don't need to show the brackets

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein

The standard (USA library) part is called "Shelf Rod xx" where xx is the version of AC.  There is a Shelf Rod 25, but it is not the one I remember using years ago... the rod is so close the the shelf, nobody would ever be able to put hangers on it, so I'm not sure what the point of this object is.  So, I'd personally still use a profiled beam or something similar.

Have a look for Randy Clarkston's  "Closet EMK 12" object. Brilliant. Simple.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Thanks Karl,

Guess it was a 3rd party item. When I first started using it had clothes hanging in 3D. Over the years the clothes went away somehow, but it was always a good symbol in plan view and still showed the pole and shelf in 3D well enough. Bummer, because as you can see in the screen shot it worked really well in plan being parametric and all.

Best,

JP

Here is a closet rod part I wrote a few years ago. (Sorry, no hanging clothes!)

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...

There is a hanging clothes object in the 25 library.  I think it is called hangers... which has a checkmark to show just the hangers, or random clothes on the hangers.

@Jonathan Pelezzare Here is the old thread with the closet object that Aaron mentions.  In fact, over 8 years ago in that same thread, Aaron suggested a complex profiled beam, too.  Thanks, Aaron 🙂

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Closet-Shelving/m-p/178409

Jonathan Pelezzare
Contributor

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Here's what I ended up doing:

Opened the project in 23 (skipped 24 all together this time I was behind 2 versions this time) selected all shelf & pole objects

in the house and grouped them sending a copy of all 750' to the right and did an explode keeping the original objects. then I those into morphs and then cut all the lines and morphs

and pasted them into the AC25. This way, I have a decent closet symbol in 2D/plan view & the sections should have a pole and shelf indicated. Not very happy with this work around especially when considering that I'll need to come up with something else when designing the next house.

Hopefully, there's a next house:-) Guess I'll have to draw the 2d symbol with lines and model the

pole and shelf (profile, slabs, etc.) Thanks again to all,

JP    

I am a little confused.

If the object is fine in version 23, just copy that object to your loaded library in 25 and re-load the library.

It should then work just as well as an object in 25.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!