Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

scaling text in different views

dhnguyen
Contributor
I asked this question in the past but the response i got didn't seem to work... does it have to do with the version I'm using? I have ArchiCAD version 18.

The current scale of the drawing is set at 1/8" = 1'-0".
A placed view is created with that drawing.
Now I copy that placed view over and want to change the scale of the drawing to through "modify view source setting" as suggested in this video below, my view disappear.... why is that?

If i change the scale of the drawing thorugh "drawing selection setting", the text size doesn't change, which is not what I want.

So ultimately, what I wanted to do was to change the size of the text & dimension without having to create a duplicate text size for 1/8" scale vs 1/4" scale.
Thanks
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
2 REPLIES 2
Stress Co_
Advisor
dhnguyen wrote:
The current scale of the drawing is set at 1/8" = 1'-0".
A placed view is created with that drawing.
Now I copy that placed view over and want to change the scale of the drawing to through "modify view source setting" as suggested in this video below, my view disappear.... why is that?
It's still there, but it moved outside the confines of the drawing's "frame".
Open the Drawing's Selection Settings and, under the Frame Heading, click the "Fit frame to drawing" button.
You'll have to reposition/resize the frame on the sheet.
dhnguyen wrote:
If i change the scale of the drawing thorugh "drawing selection setting", the text size doesn't change, which is not what I want.
As per the video you attached. Use the "modify view source setting" method.
Check that all text Is set to "paper size", NOT "model size".
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
dhnguyen
Contributor
Thank you, for the longest time I couldn't understand why the view disappeared. Thanks.

Every time I update the placed view, it disappears and I have to "fit frame to drawing" and move it back to its location... I wish I don't have to do it every time. I did not have this problem with the other file every time I do an update. Is there a setting some where that I don't know of?

I got the text to work, i wish it doesn't change the scale of the placed view as well because I use that same placed view in multiple locations.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)