Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

seperating a floor into individual suite drawings..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a bunch of office buildings with several suites on each floor; I need to create separate drawing for each individual suite (portion of the floor)
The best way I can figure to do that in AC 8.0 & PM 3.0 is using the “polygon” frame in PM 3.0 to isolate each area in a separate layout.
It’s not perfect since the edges don’t come out as clean as going inside AC and chopping each suite into a separate drawing.

Any suggestions for any other methods
Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Hassanen wrote:
I have a bunch of office buildings with several suites on each floor; I need to create separate drawing for each individual suite (portion of the floor)
The best way I can figure to do that in AC 8.0 & PM 3.0 is using the “polygon” frame in PM 3.0 to isolate each area in a separate layout.
Until we have cropping in PMK, you can crop DWFs or print to a PLT file(s), marqueeing each suite to shape. Then arrange in PlotMaker.

Or, save each suite as a module, link to modules.

For the 2D approach, explode and crop using ArchiRuler (if you have it).

Otherwise, polygon frame is the only way. Don't forget to strategically place hotspots in the plan, so that you can define the frame polygon precisely.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Djordje
the hotspots advice will be a lot of help