Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

sketch renderer -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Having a problem with the setting of my sketch render window size -
every image rendered is cropped on the left hand side? Please see attached.

I have the 'partial render' setting set to full window?

Please assist.

stonethrower
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just had the exact same problem (again), and I think I just solved it at last. Better answers than mine welcome. (couldn't find relevant threads in Talk on this.)

My 3d Window was sized to 2000x1500 (I use a 30" monitor), and my LW engine had no problem rendering the entire 3d window contents, but Sketch and Internal engines were chopping the render, just like yours, on the right and bottom sides of the screen (regardless of the pixel sizing I set in the Photorendering Settings window).

When I reduced my 3d Window Settings to around 1800x1340 (same proportion as 2000x1500), all rendering engines could render the entire contents shown inside my smaller 3d window.

The lesson for me is that the render engines can only "see" the entire 3D window contents provided the 3D window isn't too big. Reduce the 3d window pixel size, set up your same camera perspective from inside the smaller 3D window, and you can still render at the higher pixel count, 2000 or whatever pixels in the PhotoRendering Settings, using the smaller 3d window.

Hope this works for you, mate! if not, don't throw stones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice render though
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is a feature (bug) that has been around forever. And after years of bug reporting, Graphisoft and this problem have MET. Believe me.

The only solution is to match the size of your 3D window with your render window or vice versa.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks guys....

goes to show how tired I was at 12.10am... didn't know my left from my right!

will give your advice a go.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"STONETHROWER" wrote:
goes to show how tired I was at 12.10am... didn't know my left from my right!

We all been there sometimes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
The only solution is to match the size of your 3D window with your render window or vice versa.
Cheers,
Link.
Actually, Link, then how could you get a 3000x2000 ppi render out of a 3d window that size? the 3d window wouldn't fit on your screen.

Like I wrote in my above post, I'm getting large renders (ie. 3200x2400) out of a small 3d window (1600x1200). The rendering cropping problem was happening (for me) only when my 3d Window was set too large.