BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

sketchy drawing - comments

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using a combination of Dwights + Tigr's tips.

Had to get it to the client for a DVD presentation in a hurry, and hadn't worked out any finishes yet. Wanted a sketchy - 'work in progress feel'.

After seeing Tigr's method here got inspired and had a go.

It needs some work, but the client was happy.

Comments...

2-box office.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
And another one...
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are far from perfect images, and when I have to do more, I want them to be better. I think they lack a bit of oomff (very technical rendering term).

Wondering what suggestions other might have to oomff them up a bit.
Eduardo Rolon
A little Photoshop to try to increase the depth of the image. I used the Diffuse Glow filter and a gradient fill to darken the edges. Sometimes it is needed to crop the image to make it more interesting. The concept is that it is very difficult to find the perfect shot that will show the whole project so it is better to do a series of shots that concentrate on specific parts of the design.
HTH
t_4-theatre_370R.jpg
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom,

I've been away for a while and couldn't respod.
I like your colours and mood in the first one. It has a kind of old-time-theatre-poster feeling. Don't know if that was your goal but I like it. The second one is too dramatic for me - couldn't understand the subject of it.

Tip: When setting interior scene try to use this proportion:
15% of floor
60% of walls
25% of ceiling

+- 5% for more/less dramatic view angle.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the comments.

ejrolon - yeah, I think a bit of depth of field could help. as far as cropping goes, the size/aspect ratio is required for dvd output, but a better angle probably could have helped.

tigr - the first image is of a theatre box office in an old building we are possibly restoring, the second is the theatre itself.

I don't really like the view either now, it was meant to be as if you were viewing from the back of the theatre.

Here are a couple more of the same job. The first is an atrium between the box office and the theatre, the second is the dressing room.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the second one.
Learn and get certified!