Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

spot elevation to composite floors

yy
Contributor

Hi,

It seems like an easy question but could not find it on the forum. 

I have composite slabs and I like to give spot elevation to them. I will need finished concrete level and floor finish level value. but can't find a way to do it with a spot elevation tool.

I can model concrete & buildup by different slabs and I can gravitate them separately but I hope that there is an option for that since it is a pretty basic thing. 

many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
jan_filipec
Booster

Yeah, no. Kind of.

So there is of course a way to do this - you have to change the Partial Structure Display setting to show the load bearing structure for example and then add the elevation, nice and easy.

But - this is where Graphisoft overthought this in my opinion - they get hidden when you switch back. So if you want to use this, you have to overlay two plans with different PSD settings on a layout.

The other way which we use, is to place a label (AUT Bauteilhöhe, INT Building Elemnt Height?). They have the ability to show the right elevation, but only for slabs. And you have to add a symbol separately.

The Gravity Tool will work on a Roof, Slab, Mesh, and a Shell; and that includes Composite Slabs and Composite Roofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAyPS-6p5S4

For what ever its worth, I almost always model concrete slabs/flatwork as Roofs because just about all the concrete flatwork in my projects has some slope to it.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

There is a way to do this, it requires a few things to work:

1. you need to set up 'core' and finish' layers properly in your composite
  2. you need to set the reference plane of the slab to the top of the core
  3. now you can use a text label and add autotext to show the dimension to either 'top to project zero' or 'elevation to project zero'. Top will show the finished slab and the other option shows the level of your reference plane
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5