BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

stories above as hidden lines

KeesW
Advocate

There used to be a way of automatically indicating stories above, or roofs, etc, with dotted (hidden) lines. Stories below could be shown in solid lines. AC26 has a legacy setting option which is supposed to do this, but I can't get it to work. What and where are the current version equivalents. Surely, we don't need to use the legacy feature to achieve something as fundamental as this?

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Kees:

What works for me: the element (Slab, Roof) is set to Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories > Home & One Story Down. Under Preferences > Legacy the Below Home Story Line Type is set to dashed. Even though this is in the Legacy panel, it cannot be turned on/off like the other options; I do not consider it a legacy feature.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
runxel
Legend

David is correct. It does not belong to the legacy thing, which is just the lower part of the panel.

I can not understand why the devs thought this would be fitting, but here we are. Sure is: They aren't doing themselves a favor. @ GS: take notes!

Key take-away in any case: The element needs to be visible first – if you set the element to "show on home story only" .... well, you're not going far.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Tim Ball
Expert

There is an old trick where on a layout you can place one view above another. Set up the below or above with a GO to get the linetypes and colours you want. You can trace ref these views too. View on top needs to have a transparent background

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
KeesW
Advocate

Thanks for the replies. Yes the elements are visible. I've been using Archicad since version 5 and this is the first time that this issue has occurred.

KeesW

Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!