Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

text disappearing when I zoom in

nancylee
Participant
hi,
on my floor plans, when I zoom in to my floorplan my text disappear, and all the text for my Dims have disappeared. When I zoom out to 49% the text comes back, but my dim text is still MIA. It's showing up in the layout book, but this is making documenting my drawings and finishing up this set of CD's very difficult.
I did upgrade to High Sierra (IOS 10.13) last week, and have noticed a few hiccups in AC20. But nothing is annoying.
thanks for your help
Nancy
3 REPLIES 3
nancylee
Participant
So I stumbled upon the issue- somehow my text got turned from a green pen color to black (I’m old school and draft on black) so they all became invisible. This also happen to my Dim text. Now I’m painstakingly trying to find all the black text and change it to green, but is there an easier way to change all the dim text in a setting box or something?
Barry Kelly
In the Work Environment there is an on-screen option to automatically adjust the pen colour if it is the same as the background.
It won't affect the actual output - just the screen view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
nancylee wrote:
Now I’m painstakingly trying to find all the black text and change it to green, but is there an easier way to change all the dim text in a setting box or something?
Just select all the Dimensions, open the Dimensions Settings dialog box (db), change the Text pen to some third pen option not being used, click OK to close the db. Now reopen the db and change the Text pen to your desired pen. All the dimension text will be the same.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14