Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

texture problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
while giving a texture to an object (that would be a wall, slab ecc..) -the picture repeats itself on the object while the object is stretched or modifyed.... it's ok untill the texture is- bricks, tiles, and similar stuff that has to keep its proportions.....
......but what if i want the texture to grow along with the stretching object?

---for example in the object library there is a carpet and a picture (portrait) that have these qualities.....
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Textures in materials cannot be linked to objects and stretch.

Instead, you change the size of the texture by visiting the materials dialog for the particular rendering engine you use and adjust the size there.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
---thans , i did that as you said
... i also discovered i could change pictures in those 2 already existing in the library objects (carpet and portrait) ---changing the settings in these objects i got a possibility to have vertical and a horizontal object with a stretching material on it... but if i save these objects as new objects-then the material looses it's ability to stretch ......

(other than that-- thus it's possible to have ONLY vertivally and horizontaly stretching objects)

----these 2 existing in the library objects have a different 3D script--> (((IF gs_picture_name <> "" Then gs_picture_name,a,b,a Else)))))
i had a feeling that "<>" had something to do with stretching .....but changing text in 3D script of new objects just gave me errors
Anonymous
Not applicable
SO, Kety, you are saying that you can have an "object with a stretching material on it". I am trying to put a very high wall as the background picture behing my building. But i cant strech the wall (the picture). Can i do it without having to go back to material settings window to resize the picture...?
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Try the picture object (in the default AC-library) with the custom image set to your desired image, loaded in a library somewhere of course, turn off the frame, stretch as needed.....see post here: http://www.archicad.ca/?p=50
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro