Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

texturing question/problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

How do i separate the texture say for example in multiple rooms where it is created by standard wall and whenever i select the materials and it seems to attach to a single surface towards multiple rooms like a bedroom wall and toliet wall have the same texture horizontally across A to B. What i am saying is how to separate the texture individually for each rooms say they get their own different colour. Especially with slabs as the whole surface is wood and i have to create different individual slabs for each room which i find it annoying and confusing. I need to separate them with ease while separating textures on a single slab.

When i render in artlantis and i choose a glass shader but it selects the whole glasses involved with windows, curtain wall, door glass which i dont want that. I wanted it to be separate.

Sorry for the long rant, i am just practically confused and quite stressed over it.

Thank You
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
This is just standard modeling, nothing to stress over. 😉

If you want something to be different... it has to BE different...in ArchiCAD. Artlantis gives you some flexibility, but not over slab areas.

If certain walls are supposed to have a different material/color, then you must model them that way. If the slabs in certain room need to have different finishes... then they must be unique slabs. A common solution is to have a structural slab, and then to magic-wand a thin veneer slab within a room with the room's floor finish. The veneer slab will not be dynamic, unfortunately... so if you move walls, you'll have to resize or re-magic wand your 'finish' slab(s).

Glass being re-assigned globally in Artlantis is a standard thing for when you export by material. All things of the same material will be selected by default. The assumption is that if you called it 'glass' in AC, it is all supposed to be the same.

You have two options. First, you can use different glass materials in AC, assigned to elements that are supposed to be treated similarly. Make duplicates of your AC glass material, and assign one to your cutain walls, one to your doors, etc - however you anticipate wanting different shaders in Artlantis.

Alternatively... you can re-assign surfaces in Artlantis. Sometimes this is the easiest method (just a surface here and there) - sometimes it is more tedious than going back to AC and breaking up the materials with different names. With the Shader inspector open, use the arrow tool and its options to select and assign a new material to any surface you want. See Artlantis tutorials.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB