BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

transparency material in layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

My question is, I have done some 3d zones that are transparent and show as I want in the 3D window. But then when I make a 3D document out of it (and later on I place that 3D document in the Layout) the transparency is gone and I cannot ever make it transparent again.

Can this be somehow fixed?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, the colors in the 3D Document show up differently from the 3d window, even when using the same pen set...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I believe the answer is that since the 3D Window uses OpenGL it is capable of displaying more and better effects than the 3D Document Viewpoint, which is kind of like a Section/Elevation Viewpoint in terms of what it can display and how. So I would not expect the same graphics in the 3D Document Window as in 3D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Exactly.

Ticia, if you want the colors/materials/transparency as seen in the 3D OpenGL window (or a rendering), then create a view of that window and place that onto your layout - not a 3D Document.

If you need to annotate the OpenGL or rendered view, then save that camera view, and also create a 3DD of it. Annotate the 3DD, but then create a view of the 3DD that does NOT have any model elements, only your annotation. Then overlay that annotation view on top of your placed OpenGL or rendering on the layout.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!