BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

updates not showing in App

Dave Brach
Advocate
I have the current viewer app on my iPad pro. My colleague in my company publishes a BIMx hypermodel to the transfer site, but my app does not show that an update is available. Same pln file, same name, same company. when I go to the model transfer site and log in, I see the updated model, but it tells me I have to delete the one in my app before I can download the "new" model. Similarly I have a client with an iPad pro who says the updates do not show in her app--she has to click the link every time. How to fix?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
In the menu for the app there is a 'Feedback' option.
Have you tried that? - no idea if you will get a response, but it can't hurt trying.

Maybe Roland (https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=118498) from Graphisoft will reply to you here if he sees this.

Or contact your local Archicad support and see what they say.

If no luck with those then maybe Private Message Roland as a last resort.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Dave,

The mobile app displays the message to delete that model first if it has been imported locally (Finder or Files app e.g.) or via 3rd party cloud service. Updating the Hyper-model works only if it has been imported to the app with the "Download model" button on BIMx Model Transfer site (or via a download link created by right-clicking on this button). Please let me know if this information doesn't help.

Regarding the "Feedback" function, it leads to our official support channel: bimx@graphisoft.com, that we are continuously monitoring. This is the quickest way to investigate questions and technical issues.

Kind regards,
Roland
Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager