Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

views blurriness w/ AC19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Is any one else having problem saving a view image w/ AC19?
the view on screen looks fine but whenever placing on layout or saving as jpeg it look really bad.
the pics below shows both AC 17 & AC19 of the same file when save as jpeg or place on layout.

AC17&19 |Win10_64bit|
HP ENVY Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U 2.40 GHz Processor
16GB RAM

19.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It seems to me that your 3D Viewpoint in AC19 may not be set to the best settings. Is it set to OpenGL? On the AC17 screenshot I can see it is on OpenGL because only the OpenGL Engine can display textures, the Internal Engine can't. So I would check the settings in the 3D Viewpoint.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo,
AC 19 is set to OpenGL. the setting are identical to AC17.
view setting.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tested this and I get the same result: in AC17 when I save the 3D Viewpoint as JPG (Color - Quality: 90), the resulting image is fine, the slanted lines are nice and show no jaggedness, they look like they do in the 3D Viewpoint.
However, when I do the exact same thing in AC19 with the same settings, lines in the resulting JPG will become jagged, as if antialiasing was not working. What is even interesting is that right after ARCHICAD finishes saving the JPG, the 3D Viewpoint becomes just as jagged as the resulting JPG. However, if I zoom in and out a bit the correct antialiasing is restored.

Out of curiousity I tried the same thing in AC18 and I found that it was working fine in AC18 as well.

So there is something definitely going on here which was working in previous versions and not working in AC19. This was tested in build 5005, which is currently the latest build.

I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT for investigation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo,
That's the exact issue I'm experiencing. But it only happens w/ PC computer. It's fine when tested out w/ Mac.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the OpenGL engine was changed in AC19 as part of the graphics speed improvements (much of the work is now done on the graphics card not the cpu)
Scott
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, the OpenGL Engine was undated, but it was updated on both the Windows and Mac version. Still, if this works on Mac and doesn't work on Windows, it must be something Windows-specific or specific to the Windows version that is causing it.
Anyway, the developers will surely track it down and solve it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thought is that the Mac may be producing a higher resolution image, the typical Windows workstations in the office only have a resolution of 1920x1080 but my MacBook has a screen resolution of 2560x1600 or an iMac with 5120x2880.
Also the Quartz display engine of MacOS is effectively display postscript, so vectors (line work) should be sharp.
Scott