BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

viewset changes on PM import

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a drwaing in ArchiCAD, and I've created a Viewset, and then imported the viewset into PM, one of the views comes in fine, but the second brings in something from the other side of the model... it's easy enough to just move it over to get the correct area of the model into view, but it seems to defeat the purpose of the viewset. any iedas?

cheers,
dan
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
Daniel wrote:
I have a drwaing in ArchiCAD, and I've created a Viewset, and then imported the viewset into PM, one of the views comes in fine, but the second brings in something from the other side of the model... it's easy enough to just move it over to get the correct area of the model into view, but it seems to defeat the purpose of the viewset. any iedas?

cheers,
dan
Is the "Zoomed area" set on your view definition?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes
TomWaltz
Participant
More to the point, is it set to the remote area that the view is set to when you import it? That could be what's causing the problem....
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
no the zoom is set to what I want to come up in PM.. see the image (I know it's awesome... ) the cyan block is the area on the AC drawing that the view is set to, zoomed in on, etc.

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a button in PM to "Fit frame to drawing", maybe there should be one to "Fit frame to extents of saved view" also.
Make sure you:

1) Redefine the view set in AC (right-click on view set, etc.), then
2) SAVE the Archicad drawing. (Otherwise the Plotmaker version won't update properly.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
oddly enough I rebooted the computer, and it fixed the problem, not sure what was up.

cheers,
dan
Learn and get certified!