Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

wall beyond becomes transparent

dhnguyen
Contributor

Question 1: My exterior wall on the other side becomes transparent. Where do I go turn turn off the setting where the wall beyond stays as is and not become transparent? 

Question 2: not sure why there is a line between the 1st and 2nd floor wall, how do I fix my 2nd floor wall so the line disappear?

Capture.JPG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It would be worthwhile opening the properties window for the wall that’s appearing transparent on the inner face and both the ground and upper floor walls of the walls in the foreground, take a screenshot and post them to the comments. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have an override set for the inner face of the external wall to turn it to glass or a similar transparent surface? 

A line normally appears between walls on different storeys if they don’t line up absolutely perfectly or if the walls have different surfaces. They could also be on different layers with different intersection priorities. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution

It would be worthwhile opening the properties window for the wall that’s appearing transparent on the inner face and both the ground and upper floor walls of the walls in the foreground, take a screenshot and post them to the comments. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thank you!

I noticed I turned off the "Override Surfaces" settings for the interior wall, that's why it became transparent. I turned it back on and selected "Generic Interior" material and the transparency went away.

And Yes, thank you for the response to the 2nd question. I accidently selected 8" siding vs. 6" siding. Now it's all fixed!

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)