Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

walls showing up gray and not cyan in plan view

nancylee
Participant
drawing up a new plan in Archicad 20, which I'm still learning, and the walls are drafting in as gray and not cyan.
- walls on correct layer
- cyan is selected as the line color
- cut plane set to 3'-6"

the only way to make the walls show up cyan is to make the wall start 3'-1" below the floor level.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
If it is not the pen and/or fill settings in the wall itself then it could be a Graphic override that is changing the colours.
Change the active GO and see if that makes a difference.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
nancylee wrote:
drawing up a new plan in Archicad 20, which I'm still learning, and the walls are drafting in as gray and not cyan.
- walls on correct layer
- cyan is selected as the line color
- cut plane set to 3'-6"

the only way to make the walls show up cyan is to make the wall start 3'-1" below the floor level.
Did you check Floor Plan Display Options ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

nancylee
Participant
Here's the screenshot of how the graphic overrides are currently set.

The wall setting is set for cut and overhead projection. When I change it to other things the color stays the same.

In the screen shot you can see one wall that's cyan (it starts 3'-6" below the floorline) the rest start at the floor line and show up gray.

Thank you for your help, I bought AC20solo in August and while it came with tech support since I'm not having problems with modeling and fly throughs the tech helper I have has no idea how to do the easy stuff.
Renovation Filter? Do any of the walls you have drawn look like they should? What do they all look like in 3D view ? Perhaps you can use the syringe to pick up properties from walls that look correct and inject the ones that don't? Magic Wand?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

nancylee
Participant
no Renovation filter. None of the walls are showing up cyan, and will only show up correctly if I start them 3'-6" below the floorline. If I inject the properties of the cyan wall all it does is move all the walls down and thus mess up my elevations.
AC20solo came with a bunch of presets that has been "real fun" figuring out how to change them- that is once I figure out where to change them.
The tech support that came with the program has been as useful at a slab of unreinforced concrete.