BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

what is the best pixel size for A3 in Photorendering setting

Anonymous
Not applicable
what is the best pixel size for rendering for an A3 image. Someone suggested to type in the finished size. So I typed in A3 size in cm. I waited a whole day and it still didn't finish. I think it had crashed.

Thanks for any help
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The typical resolution for color printing here is between 150-300 dpi (dots per inch) or about 60-120/cm. For A3 this would mean a rendering size of around 2400x1500 to 4800x3000. The resolution required depends on the nature and purpose of the rendering. The low end should work fine for most needs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew
I understand the pixel per inch setting. but when you gave measurements 2400 x 1500 to 4800 x3000. Is that the figures you type in? in the Photo rendering settings window? and if so, did you mean pixels, cm, or inch?

Plus could you tell me, In Photorender settings, what engine do I choose? At the moment it is set at ' lightworks rendering Engine' and the box 'Render background with internal engine is ticked/checked.

Thanks for your help.

Deb
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
debjayne wrote:
but when you gave measurements 2400 x 1500 to 4800 x3000. Is that the figures you type in? in the Photo rendering settings window? and if so, did you mean pixels, cm, or inch?
Deb:

Matthew is referring to pixels. It is easier to set the number of pixels you want, then worry about the number of pixels per inch (or cm) when placing the rendering in your presentation software and printing. These are entered at the top of the PhotoRendering Settings dialog box (Size), set the pop up to Pixels.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David
Learn and get certified!