BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

white model effect with texture?

Jefferson
Participant
Probably a big ask here, but maybe worth a go anyway.

New to AC 19 all the way from 12 so behind the curve for sure, but covering some ground and I am very happy with the Cinerender white model effect for my renderings - A super clean and simple way to convey scale, look and feel of the model to clients. I have worked far enough into the settings to get renderings I am happy with. This is without taking what looks to be many, many hours for the in depth self-guided Cinerender education course.....which I would seriously like to avoid!

All great but - When applying Cadimage lap siding with a random shingle pattern I've made as part of a surface that replicates shingles in elevation the white effect removes textures and turns my shingle siding back into lap siding. Which means I can't render the shingle option to show clients in my preferred rendering style. I have spent lots of time already trying to tweak settings in an attempt to figure out a work-around with no successful outcome - time to ask for help!

Materials/surfaces in use already set to white.

Hoping someone might have some tips/pointers to run a work-around that would/will incorporate this single texture into my white model, or white model looking renderings. A rendering scheme/setup that could be converted to grayscale maybe........?

difference.png
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
12 REPLIES 12
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Jeff I live on the west coast too and use shingle siding often as well. I asked them for this about a year ago so now they have at least 3.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jefferson wrote:
Probably a big ask here, but maybe worth a go anyway.

New to AC 19 all the way from 12 so behind the curve for sure, but covering some ground and I am very happy with the Cinerender white model effect for my renderings - A super clean and simple way to convey scale, look and feel of the model to clients. I have worked far enough into the settings to get renderings I am happy with. This is without taking what looks to be many, many hours for the in depth self-guided Cinerender education course.....which I would seriously like to avoid!

All great but - When applying Cadimage lap siding with a random shingle pattern I've made as part of a surface that replicates shingles in elevation the white effect removes textures and turns my shingle siding back into lap siding. Which means I can't render the shingle option to show clients in my preferred rendering style. I have spent lots of time already trying to tweak settings in an attempt to figure out a work-around with no successful outcome - time to ask for help!

Materials/surfaces in use already set to white.

Hoping someone might have some tips/pointers to run a work-around that would/will incorporate this single texture into my white model, or white model looking renderings. A rendering scheme/setup that could be converted to grayscale maybe........?

I stumbled upon your image by luck while doing a search for ArchiCAD White Model Renderings. The office I work for is trying to get a white model rendering with textures/surfaces on it like the image on the right that you posted. Is the image on the right a rendering? If so, what rendering engine are you using? Would you mind sharing your rendering settings? It would be of great help to what my office is trying to accomplish. Thank you.
Jefferson
Participant
There are many, many, many users here who are far more adept and talented using the rendering engines.

But, sure you can have it - for what it's worth............just PM me and I'll send it off.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Learn and get certified!