BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

window schedule dimensions and other schedule stuff.

Arcadia
Booster
How can I change the default dimensions style/format that appears in the 3D preview of a window schedule? Or do I just have to set it up once how I want it then save and export the schedule to other jobs? Also how can I stop the 3D preview from showing surface colours - I just want linework. I am using the '3d front view' field in my schedule.

Also I have had my annotations diseapering from the 3d view in the schedule for no apparent reason. Any idea's why this would happen? Thanks.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Arcadia wrote:
How can I change the default dimensions style/format that appears in the 3D preview of a window schedule? Or do I just have to set it up once how I want it then save and export the schedule to other jobs?
When the Schedule is generated you can switch to the Dimensioning standard of your choice using the Quick Options Palette. Then the Annotations of the 3D Preview will use that.
You may save a View of the generated Schedule to restore this state later.
If you want to use this in other jobs, you should create these settings in a Template File and use that for those jobs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Arcadia wrote:
Also how can I stop the 3D preview from showing surface colours - I just want linework. I am using the '3d front view' field in my schedule.

Also I have had my annotations diseapering from the 3d view in the schedule for no apparent reason. Any idea's why this would happen? Thanks.
Regarding the 3D Preview shading thing, read this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=33048

I also experienced disappearing annotations, have no idea why it happened, was not properly reproducible, but I reported it to GS anyway.
Arcadia
Booster
Thanks Laszlo. Yes I figured out the dimensions - I just amended the dimensions in my first window to what I wanted then unchecked 'auto dimensions' and then rechecked it and the whole lot took on the format of the first window. Thanks for the model view tip. I've created a new model view for schedules and this works fine now.

This is all new to me as I normally don't include a 3d view in my schedules but am working on a more complicated job that requires it.

The only other problem I am having is the windows are not appearing the way they do on my actual external elevations - ie. the 3rd party window library I use (4D library) shows dotted lines to indicate which panel is the opening one and also has 3d text to indicate the same ('F' for fixed 'S' for sliding etc.) These aren't showing in the schedule. Would this be an issue with the schedule or the library?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would suspect this may be a limitation of the 3D generated for the Schedule.
But this is only a guess, so I would suggest that you report this to your local reseller.
Learn and get certified!