BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

your comments please:)

Anonymous
Not applicable
any notes will be accepted with thanks
the 3d is a commecial building in arbil -kurdistan
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the file sorry
Anonymous
Not applicable
The extreme perspective and lack of context/entourage are a problem. The viewpoint feels like I am lying in the gutter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
vian wrote:
the 3d is a commecial building in arbil -kurdistan
Vian, it's very exciting for me to see architecture work from Iraq, is this a real project or school work? I'm originally from Iraq, living now in Canada.
- I agree with Mathew about the view point, try locating the camera further away from the model and then zoom into the building, (this reduces the third vertical vanishing point distortion).
- The glass colour is too saturated and not very realistic, maybe also try adding transparency to be able to see the floor slabs beyond, that should give the image more depth.
- I'm not sure what the white cladding material to the left is supposed to be, but it seems it was overexposed which is why it is showing very white with no variation in tone, try changing the Ambient and Diffuse Factors of the material.
- Try to place the building within it's context, you could do a simple block massing (using the slab tool) of adjacent buildings, sidewalk, etc..
- If you are using ArchiCAD 9, then search archicad talk for tips from Dwight Atkinson regarding using the "sun" and "sky" objects to get soft shadows and to tone down the black surface of the underside of surfaces.
hope this helps.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I agree the viewpoint needs correction as the ground floor entry is the part of a building that most people are interested. The non architect looks up at the detail of a building much less often than a building professional. As for the glass colour whilist I dont like it, it is actually not dissimilar to certain solar glasses that are seen in parts of SE asia (maybe iraq too).

The soffits are rather dark. Look for Dwight's book to discover his secret tip for lightening the undersides.

As for the design the pipe things passing through the glass are rather odd. Also I am a great believer in sunshading for glass even on a tall building.

Good luck with it.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dwight
Newcomer
-- give the sun some color - like yellow.

-- give the ambient and sky object some color - mauve to grey blue.

-- use a graduated background rather than that cheezie photo.

-- add undersun to correct dark soffits - as in book.

-- push sun to one side of the building - front-on light is ugly. Cross shadows make a facade more interesting.

-- that green glass sucks - find a good ray-tracing glass from the LightWorks Archive.

-- overall surfaces are too "slick." roughen the concrete.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!