When publishing a layout with multiple drawings, autotexts in a custom drawing title will duplicate

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Affected versions: Archicad 25 Update 500x | Severity: fixed in an update | ID: DEF-5748

We have discovered a regression issue with Archicad 25 Update 500x. 

Issue:

After exporting to PDF or other 2D formats, the autotext in a custom drawing title will show the content of all drawings in a layout if the layout contains more than one drawing.

Drawing title in Archicad

In AC.png

Drawing title in PDF output

In PDF output.png

Solution: 

We have released a hotfix for Archicad 25 INT, AUS, USA, NZE, UKI, AUT, CHE, GER, FRA, ITA, NED, and Archicad 25 Solo INT, UKI, USA language versions. Updates for other language versions will be recreated to include the fix.

Comments
timdelheyeian
Booster

Unrelated: Does the fact that this update is named Archicad-25-USA-Update-5005-1.0-INTEL suggest that there may be an Apple Silicon version as well?

timdelheyeian
Booster

Related: I have had pretty good success with version 5000 on an M1 Max MacBook Pro and it fixed a few issues from prior versions on that platform. So in case anyone is nervous about moving from version 4013 to this current version, see if you can still download 5000 and give that a try.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen And do we have a time frame for this fix, together with the dimension arrow bug?

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi @timdelheyeian

At the moment, there's no separate version for Apple ARM processor yet. So you can download and install the update for Archicad 25 just like before.

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi @DGSketcher 

We would like to create a hotfix for the existing released packages as soon as possible, thus the upcoming hotfix will be only for this defect.

The other defect you mentioned will be fixed in Update 4 for Archicad 25.

Thank you for your understanding!
Best regards,

Minh

Anne
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

@Minh Nguyen 
What is exactly meant with "custom drawing title"?
Only 'Load otherDrawing Tiltle' or also when you edit one of the defaults?

Anne_0-1646403218501.png

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi @Anne 

A custom drawing title can be created quite easily, following this guide.

It will affect such custom drawing titles, or it can happen with other drawing titles loaded through other sources. It won't affect the default drawing titles.

Best regards,
Minh

DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen That's an interesting perspective on priorities! I deliver 100's of drawings to a factory each month where they rely on consistent presentation. At this point in time I have inconsistent (and sometimes missing) arrow markers in my drawings yet GS deem a drawing title bug to be a higher priority and will release a special patch for it. 😂 Somebody is really loosing the plot at GSHQ. I assume you appreciate the potentially devastating and expensive consequences of someone misreading badly presented dimensions? 

spastor
Contributor

@DGSketcher   Totally agree, it is an absorbed error that I do not understand, knowing that it exists is not solved with this recent update.reciente actualización.

Oosh
Booster

Hi Minh,

Any updates on when a hotflix for this will be available?

kosta
Booster

Hi @Minh Nguyen, Can we expect this issue to be fixed in update 4 of 25 AC ? 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Renovation-filters-behave-strange/m-p/331064#M15758...

In short, when 2 objects doors/windows are in same place some wall lines disappearing in renovation filters.

For example one door is for demolition (to be demolished status) and another same width "new status" door should be installed in that same place, so "after demolition" filter not drawing some wall lines correctly.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi @kosta 

Thank you for the question!

I checked our defect database, and it turned out to be a known issue (please refer to it as DEF-6912). Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the bug, it was not fixed yet. There's a workaround in this case: To solve the After Demolition Filter display problem, in the Door/Window Settings give 1mm Oversize to the To Be Demolished door/window.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

kosta
Booster

Hi @Minh Nguyen !

I have to point you on another strange behavior also related to renovation filters.

I posted question 2 days ago and would like you to have a look at that possibly not same but same kind of issue as previously mentioned, this time unwanted line appears under the opening and I noticed some other issues there also, didn't find a workaround to it, anyway I describe situation step by step here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Opening-object-issues-in-renovation-filters/m-p/332...

I mostly use renovation filters and noticed some other unwanted behaviors, I understand that renovation workflow is complicated but really think you need to revisit the that toolset.

Thank you for your attention.

Brett Brown
Advocate

How long does it take to fix one bug? Now nearly 4 weeks and still nothing. Unforgivable to even let this version out. Surely they should of tested bugs fixed in the previous version to ensure they were still fixed in the new version.

I'd hate to think the cost to users all over the world for this continuing very poor quality assurance and Graphisoft's competence to produce a stable software.

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-03-30 05:59 PM
Updated by:

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!