Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

[9] MSA parts occasionally absent from Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Working in a Teamworked file, we have found that some library parts, specifically 2 MSA parts, appear to be perfectly well represented in ArchiCAD, but don't show up in Plotmaker.

I think the problem is related to library loading in a Teamworked environment. In our office, unchanging libraries reside on each work station, and the project and office libraries are on the server. Typical.

In Plotmaker, we import views from the shared .plp file. Most users are working with a draft saved to their local drive. They send and receive changes prior to importing or updating in Plotmaker.

Here's where I think things may be getting weird: Plotmaker, and I guess GSBackground, or whatever it is called, is importing and updating images from a shared file located in our server. It loads libraries along with the updates. So, what set of libraries is it loading? The only thing I can think of is that Plotmaker loads libraries identified by the last draft version to have sent and received changes. (Is there another plausible set? Does the .plp have its own, unchanging set of libs distinct from what the drafts are doing?).

If this is the case, wouldn't the Plotmaker layout, which resides on our server, gag on any libraries whose path's point to a workstation's hard drive?

Even this isn't a likely explanation for the no-show MSA parts in Plotmaker, because the last thing I do in ArchiCAD before going to update in Plotmaker is send-and-receive.

I think to troubleshoot, I should confirm that everyone in the office is indeed loading the same static libs from their hard drive.

Does anyone know what SHOULD be happening with libs in the context? It seems ambiguous to me.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Be certain that the unchanging libraries that reside on the local machines have identical path names so that BGArchicad can find the same path no matter which machine does the updates.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Be certain that the unchanging libraries that reside on the local machines have identical path names so that BGArchicad can find the same path no matter which machine does the updates

Meaning, that all workstations need to have their static libs on a hard drive, or at least volume, of the same name?
Anonymous
Not applicable
RobertNichols wrote:
Be certain that the unchanging libraries that reside on the local machines have identical path names so that BGArchicad can find the same path no matter which machine does the updates

Meaning, that all workstations need to have their static libs on a hard drive, or at least volume, of the same name?
Correct, and the folders that they reside in need to be named identical.
Thomas Holm
Booster
File permissions might need to be the same, too.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
We're having the EXACT same problem. I've tried deleting all libraries from the plp file and loading new ones from my machine (didn't work), and the server (didn't work). I have determined now that I can only get PlotMaker to recognize the AC9 libraries when opened from the machine that originally linked the plp file -OR-

I also tried the posted solution. When I renamed my hard drive so that the path to the libraries was identical to the ORIGINAL path when the plp file was CREATED, it worked. But we don't want to rename all our hard drives.

It appears that BG AC9 is statically referencing the libraries loaded when the file was CREATED. (No amount of updating seems to affect this.)

Any other ideas?