BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 27 3D Window has wacky colors!

Migrating a project from 26 to 27 I noticed something strange: my 3D window shows inaccurate colors from what was shown in 26. Also, a couple of colleagues working in ArchiCAD 27 had it shown correctly.

See below: First is PBR turned ON and colors are incorrect
Second is PBR turned OFF and colors are correct
(see signature for my computer specs)

After my investigation I found that I had to turn OFF the PBR materials setting in the Work Environment.

With PBR Setting.jpgWith PBR.jpgNo PBR Setting.jpgNo PBR.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
8 REPLIES 8
mthd
Ace

Is it something to do with the computers video card type and settings maybe ? PBR having the sun more prominent and to cause the shadows. All the best trouble shooting this issue.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Not sure. I'm on an M1 Max MacBook Pro, so it's the integrated GPU. Not like I'll use ArchiCAD for rendering anyway, so no need for PBR textures. But I'm sure many may run up against this.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

Sounds like a software issue with AC27. Is it happening with a migrated project or a new one from scratch ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Eduardo Rolon

It is the PBR it is still not at an usable stage. Turn it off and forget about it.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Yup. That's what I did. I posted incase others have this issue and can't figure out why.

Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx

That's such a sad thing that most of the new feature on AC 27 are in reality experimental and to be "Turned it off and forget about it".

@alessiofazzi wrote:

That's such a sad thing that most of the new feature on AC 27 are in reality experimental and to be "Turned it off and forget about it".

Yes and no.

They are experimental so Graphisoft can get feedback from a wide variety of users with different machine setups.

If it wasn't an experimental feature and was released as a new feature and didn't work then there would be many upset users (did someone say MEP?).

As an experimental feature they can determine if it is good, needs fixing or needs to be scrapped entirely.

Problem with the experimental features is it seems some have been stuck as experimental for some time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I would say no, especially if they advertise some new feature in the product presentation while those feature (es. distance guides) are still explerimental.

A.

Learn and get certified!