Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 21 3d window resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I need to make an image from 3d window in a perfect quality. I know that Archicad 20 has special panel for that, and Archicad 21 doesn't have this. How I can change the resolution of the 3d window in Archicad 21?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Marina wrote:
I change window size, but quality is still poor, could you tell me, how I can save an image, for example, in a 300dpi and 500x400mm?
500 x 400mm at 300dpi = 5906 x 4724 pixel image.
(as a mm to px conversation website told me)

In AC21, the maximum 3D window size is 4048 x 4048 px (due to performance reasons).
Alternatively, render out an image via the PhotoRendering Settings palette, switch to the size tab, and set any pixel size. Click render using the Basic Renderer or CineRender engine.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
On the 3D window tab, right click and choose window size option. It will automatically un-maximise the window. Then you can save from the 3D window at that size.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
On the 3D window tab, right click and choose window size option. It will automatically un-maximise the window. Then you can save from the 3D window at that size.
Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
I change window size, but quality is still poor, could you tell me, how I can save an image, for example, in a 300dpi and 500x400mm?
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Marina wrote:
500 x 400mm at 300dpi = 5906 x 4724 pixel image.
(as a mm to px conversation website told me)

In AC21, the maximum 3D window size is 4048 x 4048 px (due to performance reasons).
Alternatively, render out an image via the PhotoRendering Settings palette, switch to the size tab, and set any pixel size. Click render using the Basic Renderer or CineRender engine.
James Badcock
giza
Booster
Just in case someone needs to know in AC 22 the 3D Window size can be changed as in attached pictures
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB