Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Bug copying linework to worksheets in 27

TaniavH
Contributor

there seems to be a bug where copying linework (lines, polylines, arcs, etc) from a story onto a worksheet changes the pen to something totally arbitrary - and it's not the same pen for different people. Anyone else noticing this?

TaniavH_0-1712353974642.png

TaniavH_1-1712353984193.png

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 2.54.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 2.54.56 PM.png

  

7 REPLIES 7
TaniavH
Contributor

Had someone in a different firm - at the other side of the country -

try and they had the same result but even weirder - the pen changed to a blank unknown pen...

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 3.14.15 PM.png

Karl Ottenstein

Hi Tania.  I tried to reproduce... just using the standard US empty template... and couldn't get anything weird to happen.  I'm wondering if this is related to Teamwork or custom attributes in your file (which would still be a bug of course!) - or if you're not on the current build of 27  (5003) in case this is a bug that's been fixed in what I'm running?

Assuming no TW, and that by some miracle you have a little free time... in case this is attribute related (vs corrupt file) - maybe you could make a temporary copy of the project file, create an empty project from the default template (or save all attributes to an attribute manager file) - and then open the temp copy and in Attribute Manager overwrite all existing attributes (all types) with those from the default template project and see if the behavior repeats?

Also, new project from default template, then in Attribute Manager overwrite all attributes with the ones from the project exhibiting the bug, draw some lines, and see if it reproduces there.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl, this is a teamwork file and it is not corrupt - it's actually happening on two separate teamwork files - the same bug has also been experienced by a colleague at a different firm with a totally different tempate to ours.

I am installing the 5003 hotfix today to see if the bug has been addressed. We have tried replicating it in the OOTB template and it doesn't occur, but like most firms, we want the flexibility of creating our own attributes. I'll run the tests you mentioned if I have some time this week, but since this is not isolated to our firm, this has to be a bug. I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Hi Karl,

I re-ran some tests today with the attributes from our template overwriting those in the OOTB template per your suggestions above and these are the results - I still maintain that this is a bug. I am reaching out directly to GS tech support today in the hopes of a resolution.

Test 1:  Using our firm’s template:

TaniavH_0-1721673973483.png

TaniavH_1-1721673973491.png

Test 2:  Overwrite all attributes in our template with OOTB attributes:

TaniavH_2-1721673973502.png

TaniavH_3-1721673973509.png

Test 3:  Overwrite all OOTB attributes with our template attributes:

TaniavH_4-1721673973516.png

TaniavH_5-1721673973526.png

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In your original post, I saw you are doing this in a Teamwork project (I am seeing a little green dot above the Worksheet's Tab icon).

Is it possible that the role assigned to you as a Teamwork User does not permit you to create new/modify existing Pens/Attributes and that causes the issue somehow?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

no, Laszlo - I am the BIM Manager and I have full access. I have run these tests in teamwork files, solo files as well as the template file with the same results. This is also happening when pasting into detail viewpoints. I reviewed this with GS Tech Support yesterday, and they agree it's strange behavior.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

OK, if GS Tech Support is on it, then it is fine.

Please let us know their findings in this thread. I think it will be useful for future readers.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27