BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cabinet Opening Lines Wrong Direction

srdavids
Booster

Hi All,

I'm using AC26 on Mac and using default library object, Wall Cabinet Block 26. I have my model view options to display opening lines pointing towards the hinge:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.42.40 PM.png

Normal side hinged doors show properly, but my top hinged uppers are showing incorrectly. The upper on the left should have the dashed hinge line pointing upwards. The one on the right I've switched to be bottom hinge just for demonstration, for some reason they both point down:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.42.52 PM.png

Any thoughts on workaround? I really don't want to have to manually draw all my hinge lines...

As a side note, and a potential workaround if I could figure out how to do it, is it possible to flip the edge that the knob is on? The linear pull option calls this particular pull 'top/bottom' but I cant figure out how to actually flip it.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 12.52.49 PM.png

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

This doesn't help you at all, but it looks like they have scripted the casement style doors to use the correct hinge side as you set it, but the awning style doors have not been scripted to allow for that option.

I don't use these cabinet objects, but do you have a 'hopper' door option?

Maybe that in combination with moving the handle if you can would work?

As a side note...

The way I was taught is there are two hinges and one latch, so the lines should join at the latch.

I am aware that different countries have different 'rules'.

But to me what you show makes no sense.

Many years ago, we used to show a small example diagram that clearly showed what was the hinge side.

We no longer do that as it has been adopted that the two lines I the hinge and the one point is the latch (for us in Australia).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Appreciate the reply, Barry. I've also always found the way hinges are dashed confusing.

What do you use for cabinets?

srdavids
Booster

Bumping this - Still haven't found a solution

Most of the time for me there will be handles and/or nobs on the Cabinet doors, so you don't need any opening lines.  The same goes for doors, and for sliding glass doors/windows, casements windows... I just leave them open a little.      

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!