Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension and Renovation Filter

dhnguyen
Contributor
I have been able to create dimensions just fine in my existing/renovation plan.
Recently I have been getting this message every time I try to create a dimension in my Existing / Demolition plan. I check my renovation status and I dont see any option for dimension... how do I get rid of this message and be able to draw dimension in my existing plan again?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
DNguyen:

Show the Renovation palette and check the Renovation Status of a visible dimension string, set the Renovation Status to that same status.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
dhnguyen
Contributor
Is this what you are referring to? This option is greyed out and I can't seem to ungrey it.
-
- In my demolition plan renovation filter, the "Annotation Elements" is checked off.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
dhnguyen wrote:
Is this what you are referring to? This option is greyed out and I can't seem to ungrey it...

They're greyed out, because nothing is set to be overridden. Only hide/show.
Once one of the renovation status is set to be overridden, they become enabled.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dhnguyen wrote:
Is this what you are referring to? This option is greyed out and I can't seem to ungrey it.
No, the Renovation palette is where the Renovation Status of an element is set.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
dhnguyen
Contributor
I see, thank you. I never used the Renovation Palette before, not sure how it got to it that way to begin with. I opened the Palette and changed the Renovation Filter, I got it to work now, thank you! I kept on checking the model view option and the renovation filter to make sure it was on the same settings and I didn't understand why it wasn't working earlier.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25