Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Exploring in 3D, Model disappears as i navigate.

Miner
Contributor

This happened all of the sudden but when i explore in 3D, the model disappears wherever I go as if there is a bubble the camera is in and nothing within that bubble is visible.  When I walk around the model just disappears!  If I back up the model reappears.  Therefore I can't get too close to the building (about 50').  I did notice that if I look directly down the model reappears until I start to look back up again.

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patrick M
Advisor

in plan view, if you zoom extents, does the plan seem to disapear? check each story with all layers & renovation filters on. If the model is too spread out (like some random thing got thrown out in space a million miles) it can cause glitches like this.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Miner
Contributor

Here is a video of what I see when I explore the 3D window.

Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM
Solution
Patrick M
Advisor

in plan view, if you zoom extents, does the plan seem to disapear? check each story with all layers & renovation filters on. If the model is too spread out (like some random thing got thrown out in space a million miles) it can cause glitches like this.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

That fixed it!!  I had a wall that was 243,071' long! 

Thank you for the help

Looooong Wall!.png
Archicad 26 Solo
iMac 27" 3.8GHz i7
8GB RAM