Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Exporting 3d views - separately just lines and just shadows

olga_kots
Contributor

Hello, 

I need to export 3d views only countors and only shadows.

The problem with countours - is that despite the ways - its always bad quality, but I need to have it perfect in order to work with each line in Photoshop or in Illustrator.

And with the shadows - I havent found any way to export them.

Seems like those options are only possible in Sketchup.. (attached how I need them to be)

I hope there is a way, since we need those functions to create collages.

And its super incovenient to export to sketchup to get these just these two layers. 

Thanx in advance

SHADOWS.jpgLINES.jpg
OLGA_KOTLYAROVA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Emre Senoglu
Expert

I think one way to do this would be to create a 3d document from your view. You would then create a worksheet from this 3d document, and open the newly created worksheet. You can then select all the lines and move it to the side or on another worksheet. Same with fills, you can filter the fills to select only the ones with gray tones (shadows) or white tone (building geometry). Then it's just a matter of exporting as a format that would be useful for you - dwg or ai.

Also make sure that your glass material is %100 transparent before creating the 3d document as it is crucial for having the shadows display properly.

EmreSenoglu_0-1666179675816.png

Here's a video showing how: https://capture.dropbox.com/4tg4VDO1KS8r1hRA

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Emre Senoglu
Expert

I think one way to do this would be to create a 3d document from your view. You would then create a worksheet from this 3d document, and open the newly created worksheet. You can then select all the lines and move it to the side or on another worksheet. Same with fills, you can filter the fills to select only the ones with gray tones (shadows) or white tone (building geometry). Then it's just a matter of exporting as a format that would be useful for you - dwg or ai.

Also make sure that your glass material is %100 transparent before creating the 3d document as it is crucial for having the shadows display properly.

EmreSenoglu_0-1666179675816.png

Here's a video showing how: https://capture.dropbox.com/4tg4VDO1KS8r1hRA

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Eric Babron
Participant

Hello,

you can also:

go to the 3D window, and set it to "Vectorial engine"

with the marquee tool select what you need

go to the edit menu and select "copy", you will have a menu to choose what you want to copy: see:Help Archicad 25 

Architect
AC9 - 26
Win 11

Thank you, Emre!

Can't express how much I appreciate your help! You've made my day! 

OLGA_KOTLYAROVA