Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hide Different Story Levels in Different Views

reidweber
Enthusiast

Hello, Is there a way to hide different story levels in different elevation or section views?  I know there is a master Story Settings window that hides or shows each story in every elevation/section view but I'd like to be able to adjust it per view. 

The reason behind this is because I'm designing both a main house and a separate detached garage with a studio on the second floor and so neither the ground floor or upper floor between the two buildings relates.  A workaround would be to just create a separate model, but there's a lot of efficiencies to keeping all the information in one file since it's one building site.  Thanks

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

You mean hiding the actual storey level marker (and not the storey itself)?

I don't think you can do that on View basis.

Maybe cover it with a white fill?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
cuba
Advocate

It is possible to adjust the vertical range in the section settings.  If you only want to view the basement and the second floor you'll have to make two sections with different range settings and combine them in a layout.

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
DGSketcher
Legend

@reidweber You can associate dimensions with the story level markers. A possible option, given you have limited storeys might be to set the storey markers to "Display Only" and add Dimension Elevation (Level) markers. Once you have them in place you can turn off the Storey markers in the section settings if not needed.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Yes, I did mean the marker, thanks for the clarification.  The cover fill might work, it'd be nice if you could send the story marker "to back" in the display order settings compared to covering it with a fill and bringing everything else forward. 

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x

That's a good idea for the workaround on smaller projects like this. Thanks

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US