Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Mesh slope labels

Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am trying to find out how to add an auto label to a mesh.  There is already a topic similar to this titled Roof plan slope labels, here - 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Documentation/Roof-plan-slope-labels/td-p/291406

But this topic is closed so I can not ask on that, so I am creating a new topic, I hope this is ok.

The solution for that topic was to add autotext. 

I am creating a driveway with a mesh, I am wondering if there is a way to show a grade with an automatic tool at a specific point, that will update automatically update when I change the levels at the node? i.e. the driveway wont have a single slope in a direction, it will fall in a number of directions at different angles in different places.

ArchiCAD 25
Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

@Chris Pooley wrote:

But this topic is closed so I can not ask on that, so I am creating a new topic, I hope this is ok.

Perfect. 👍

I am not aware of an automated solution with a mesh.

Roofs have a particular pitch where as mesh surfaces don't.

If you are handy with GDL you could make an object that allows you to set the height and position of 2 nodes and will give you the resulting grade.

But there is no way I know of to associate it to the mesh surface so it would be automatic.

I am not sure if anyone has already done this.

If someone has and they would like to share, please do.

I am not sure if it would be possible with an add-on that could detect the surface height of 2 points and give you the resulting slope.

But then you need to be able to create add-ons, or know someone that can do it for you.

I have never delved into the add-ons.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Yves
Advocate

Good morning,
I have just tested an idea from a guardrail panel, I managed to obtain the correct value in 3D but unfortunately, the 2d projection gives me a value of zero.

!!!!SCRIPT 3D
EPS = 0,0001
ang_pan = 0

SI RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[2][3]-RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[1][3]> EPS OU RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[2][3]-RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[1][3]< -EPS ALORS
ang_pan = 90-ATN((GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[2][1]-GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[1][1])/ABS((GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[2][3]-GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[1][3])))
FIN SI

SI RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[2][3]-RAILINGPANEL_GEOMETRY[1][3]> EPS ALORS ang_pan = -ang_pan

long_panneau = GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[1][1]-GÉOMÉTRIE_PANNEAU_RAILING[2][1]

DÉFINIR LE STYLE « bb » Arial,(ht_text_3D/1000*GLOB_SCALE)*1000,5,0
STYLE DE L'ENSEMBLE "bb"

ADDX ABS(panneau_long/2)
ROTY ang_pan
TEXTE 0,01,0, STR ("%#.2dd",ABS(ang_pan))

En 3D.png

En 2D.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13