Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Partial STRUCTURE Display in Layouts

Matthew Johnson
Advocate

Display options available in Layouts are limited. This is for a good reason as there should be no need for most of them when it comes to Layouts.

HOWEVER, we have had an issue in AC24 where some elements in the master layout disappear because they are set to either Non-loadbearing or Undefined in their Structural Function properties and somehow the Layout window has decided that it is in Core of Loadbearing Elements mode and any objects that are not "loadbearing should be hidden in the layout.

Because we can't change this setting and get the Layout window back to "Entire Model" [sic] mode we can't see things like north points, scale bars, and most importantly our revision history object.

We've had this happen a couple of times and wondering if it is just us.

Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
4 REPLIES 4
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

Partial Structure Display is not active in the Layout book / Layouts.

Did you mean Detail View? because PSD is also not active. we're working on v25 & i know the file you're working on is in 24, but i don't even remember PSD being changeable in both Layouts & Details even as far back as v22.

GerryLeonor_0-1678854690871.png

although i think i get what you mean when it comes to 2D documentation / other things not working as smoothly when it comes to dealing with PSDs.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Matthew Johnson
Advocate

Understand PSD is not available in Layouts but somehow the view of the Layout is responding to a hidden PSD setting somewhere and is hiding any elements that are not defined as Loadbearing from the master layout or native in the Layout itself. Does not impact the views inserted into the layout, just the elements in the layout iteslf.

Because this is not a setting that can be controlled by the user I can't get the non-loadbearing revision history to display.

As a work around I have to get another user on the project who could somehow still see the element in his teamwork session to change the revision history to Loadbearing and send changes. We now have a note on the wall in the office that "revisions are loadbearing!"

Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

that sounds like a bug. might need to do an Open and Repair operation on it.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
David F
Contributor

Just adding our experiences with the same bug except in AC26 (Mac-Intel)

A colleague noticed several items disappearing on master layouts (North Point, Change & Revision Tables). In particular, items which were set 'Load Bearing', were appearing fine, however other items were at risk of disappearing. We eventually tracked it down to PSD's somehow being in effect on Layouts. 
To further confirm, we attempted to place a new item (Non-Load Bearing) on the layout and it triggers an error stating that we're attempting to place an item which would not appear due to the current PSD settings.

To further complicate matters, when the bug was first noticed, some layouts were affected, but others appeared correctly. However as they further investigate, the bug eventually propagate to all other layouts.

Meanwhile, as it was a teamwork file, the rest of the team viewed all the layouts correctly.

Confirmed via PDF's, which that particular colleague was responsible for publishing, which was hit and miss on the disappearing items.
And via DWG's, which another colleague was responsible for, which displayed all items correctly.

To solve the error, that colleague had to leave & rejoin the teamwork project (effectively refresh their local copy of the file), as we speculated their file had become corrupted in the course of working on the project.