Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Placing drawings on layouts

Archizone
Participant

Since yesterday June 5, 2023 I can no longer place drawings in layouts with Archicad versions earlier than 26. The files to be placed (jpg, png, pdf, etc.) show as ghosted when browsed. For some projects I want to continue working in earlier versions. Does this have anything to do with having been asked to sign in to my SSA account before opening an Archicad file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Archizone:

In your screen shot, near the bottom of the dialog box, change the Enable option from ARCHICAD Solo Project to All Available Types.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

@Archizone wrote:

Does this have anything to do with having been asked to sign in to my SSA account before opening an Archicad file?

I shouldn't think so.

Can you show a screen shot of you trying to browse for the files - showing them ghosted?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 11.23.44 AM.png

Looks like it could be a file permissions error, do you have access to view / edit these files? 
Have you had any OS updates? If so do you need to update permissions/ security for Archicad?

or

is the layer that the drawings/ figures are to be placed on locked?

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB
Archizone
Participant

When I was requested to sign in with my SSA password I was told that certain Archicad features (like placing a drawing perhaps?) would not be available until I did within then next 8 days. This request never occurred before.

Solution

Archizone:

In your screen shot, near the bottom of the dialog box, change the Enable option from ARCHICAD Solo Project to All Available Types.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

@Archizone ,

I think you will find David has the solution for you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Archizone
Participant

Yes! Enable All available Types did it. Thank you very much.