Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Tool - Demolishing part of a slab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

The project I am currently working on requires the demolition of a few walls and a section of the slab to allow for a new extension. I assume that the correct way of drawing this would be to split the slab into two, put one onto existing and one on to demolished in the renovation status

The issue is, I am left with a line showing the separation of the two slabs on the existing floor plan. I find this a bit messy and it's not how I want the existing floor plan to show. How would you tackle this problem? Is there something I could do in the slab settings or perhaps that renovation tool settings to fix this? Or do I just need to put a white fill over the line?

Any help is appreciated.
Jake
22 REPLIES 22
henryL
Enthusiast
I have the same problem with roofs. Renovation filter logic is quite useless on partial demolitions.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
gotphish001 wrote:
First attempt was to just cut out the demoed portion as you mention. That didn't work because on my existing plans the existing slab had a cut out in it that wasn't cut out yet.
If I follow your description, if you have both existing and demo slabs, you want to hide their common edges in a View. I would add a white polyline to cover the edges; it is possible to assign elements to a specific Renovation Filter. It sounds like you have a working solution, I mention this for other projects.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
gotphish001
Enthusiast
I didn't think of just using a white line. I'll try that. I thought of using a white fill, but it usually ends up giving some headache later where I need to add other lines to fix things the fill is messing up. A line would be way less intrusive. If you can mark that answer as a solution go ahead as it seems like the best work around that should have the least ramifications later on down the road to the drawing. I can not as I didn't start the thread. thanks
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/