Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zones in swedish

DTB
Participant

My zone settings ar suddenly in swedish. it should be in english. The rest of ArchiCAD is in english.

The propertys is in english but is translated to swedish in the zone settings. I have english archicad installed, newer swedish.

It's a PLA file and i'm the only one working with it.

DTB_0-1700645802898.png

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

This is my guess.

If it is a PLA it is probably using library objects stored with the file.

If those zone stamps were Swedish, that would be your problem.

You could change your zone settings to use a stamp from your default English library, but I think you will have to check every zone to make sure it is set to the correct name.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Has to be it... his zone stamp's name is "Sonestempel 03 LINK" - definitely not an English language stamp.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

It's an Norwegian stamp, and the propertys in use is in english. Some of the tekst is in Norwegian some in Swedish.  

@DTB wrote:

It's an Norwegian stamp, and the propertys in use is in english. Some of the tekst is in Norwegian some in Swedish.  

The thing is you are probably using the library objects saved with the PLA file.

Those library objects may be Swedish/Norwegian.

Archicad does not do translations (although some objects may be set up for use in multiple languages).

I suspect you will have to load the English language libraries and use the objects from there.

Deleting or removing the Swedish/Norwegian libraries  from the file (Library Manager) may or may not swap directly to the English objects.

It depends if they are the same objects or not (same internal ID references).

I am not sure as I only use one language.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11