Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

modifying dimension,label and text properties at several IE'S at once

yyeellddaa
Participant

Hello everyone,

if you know Autocad DIMSTYLE or TEXTSTYLE or LEADERSTYLE. they are like FAVORITES but they are always applicaple and bounded to the item if it is chosen.

so if you change anything in one of the styles it will applied to all items that had been created in that style. im looking for something like that in Archicad.

i want to be able to apply a change to multiple IE's and modify their properties at once. for example we decided to change the height of dimension texts to be 2mm instead of 2.5mm in 1/50 scaled IE's.  and i know which IE's are 1/50 scale from the beginnig. so i can create 2 favorites 1 for 1/20 scale and other for 1/50 scale and use them while giving dimensions to IE's. but how can i apply a change to them?

I hope i made it clear what i want.

Thank you,

Operating system used: Windows 11

Yelda Duman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can edit your favourites so all future dimensions you place will be correct.

But favourites are not like styles and will not affect already placed dimensions.

Archicad does not have dimension or text styles.

Unfortunately, if text or dimensions have already been placed, you must select them and then change their properties.

You can re-apply the favourite to the selected text/dimension, rather than changing the settings manually.

When the wishes forum is back up and running and you can create a new wish there, please do so.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can edit your favourites so all future dimensions you place will be correct.

But favourites are not like styles and will not affect already placed dimensions.

Archicad does not have dimension or text styles.

Unfortunately, if text or dimensions have already been placed, you must select them and then change their properties.

You can re-apply the favourite to the selected text/dimension, rather than changing the settings manually.

When the wishes forum is back up and running and you can create a new wish there, please do so.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, re-apply a renewed favorite is good enough for me! 

i do have some wishes, thank you for reminding me i will create new wishes there

Yelda Duman

Setup info provided by author