Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Non-overwritable automatic hotspots when generating GDL objects from morph objects

Lucien
Booster

Hi everyone,

I occasionally create GDL objects for our draftsmen. My approach to a new object is always object-specific. I recently discovered that GDL objects generated from morph objects are provided with automatic snap points. These automatically generated hotspots cannot be overwritten.

I have created a cylinder as an example. I generated one from a morph (right) and the other as a 3D script (left). Both should only have a hotspot at the coordinate 0,0. However, the body created from the morph object has 5 hotspots at the vertices and in the center of the object.

Lucien_0-1727104781783.png

Is anyone else aware of this problem? Is there anything I could do differently, apart from scripting the object manually?

Thank you in advance and cheers,

Lucien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Don't worry, it has nothing to do with Morphs per se.

Instead go to the "Compatibility options" (sorry for German screenshot) and uncheck the "Automatic Hotspot generation" checkbox.

runxel_0-1727106014345.png

That should do the trick 🙂

This box basically autogenerates 5 Hotspots to the center and the corners of a virtual bounding box. It's hidden there because this is the behaviour of AC 6.5 and before, I guess. 😄

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Don't worry, it has nothing to do with Morphs per se.

Instead go to the "Compatibility options" (sorry for German screenshot) and uncheck the "Automatic Hotspot generation" checkbox.

runxel_0-1727106014345.png

That should do the trick 🙂

This box basically autogenerates 5 Hotspots to the center and the corners of a virtual bounding box. It's hidden there because this is the behaviour of AC 6.5 and before, I guess. 😄

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lucien
Booster

Thank you very much for the quick response. Works like a charm!

Cheers,

Lucien